eMAR is a server-based electronic medication administration system designed for use in institutional pharmacies, assisted living, long-term care, and rehab facilities. The software automates the process of distributing, tracking, and re-ordering medications and treatments safely and efficiently for residential care facilities and pharmacies. RxCARE proudly supports both ACCUflo and QuickMAR eMAR systems.
With eMAR better outcomes happen because caregivers and pharmacists stay on the same page to keep resident care and safety the essential priority.
Why should my facility use eMAR?
eMAR can produce a 50% to 75% reduction in staff labor hours associated with month-end record keeping and charting procedures. Most importantly, while staff members concentrate on resident care and safety, eMAR eliminates paper-based record keeping and enhances the security of medication inventories and staff identification procedures.
In residential care facilities, eMAR dramatically reduces time spent on medication distribution and the chance of medication-related errors. The system also automates record keeping and notifies nurses when it is time to reorder certain drugs, which streamlines the communication process with pharmacies. Bar code technology verifies current quantities and dosages of every medication. Also, a resident’s photo is associated with each medication pass pertaining to their doctor’s orders, which helps support consistency and accuracy in medication distribution.
eMAR also tracks remaining medication quantities and can automatically place refills when necessary. This automated procedure is a time-saving tool for both facilities and pharmacies. This system supports a paperless environment and no longer requires care facilities to manually fax re-orders to the institutional pharmacy.
Because all medication and treatment information is stored in a central database, eMAR will instantly generate routine information including Physician Order and Medical Administration Reports (MAR). This reporting system replaces manual data entry. The reporting mechanism also offers improved efficiency related to controlling expenses associated with ordering and refilling medications from pharmacies.
With eMAR Caregivers are
- Guided through error proof medication administration
- Alerted when medications or care tasks are missed
- Unburdened to focus on Caring for Residents
With eMAR Pharmacists ensure
- Dispensed orders are accurately communicated
- Discontinued orders and expired medications are properly handled
- Controlled drugs are accounted for and not diverted
With eMAR Residents receive
- The Right Medication in the Right Dose
- Using the Right Route at the Right Time
- With the Right Documentation, every time
With eMAR Errors are Reduced
- Strong integration with pharmacy systems ensures order accuracy
- Alerts notify caregivers when medications, treatments or care tasks are missed
- Barcode scanning confirms correct medications and appropriate doses
With eMAR Compliance is Ensured
- Every medication, treatment, behavior
andcare task record is fully documented
- Extensive reporting of clinical, regulatory, and quality information
- Controlled substances are safeguarded by requiring accurate counts